I was high pressured to buy 4 weeks at Grand mayan five years ago. I did so and the first two years things went reasonably fine.

Then the last 3 years I have been unable to make reservations without calling and calling and calling for availability. I found out from travel brokers on ebay that the Grand Mayan pressures many people like myself, tells totally false stories how easy it is to make reservations or sell your weeks if you need to. These are downright lies they tell you. Instead they sell the weeks you think you are going to get to discount brokers and any one else that they made you pay , in my case $100,000 for, and then have the gall to charge you an extra maintenance fee every five years.

When i bought my four weeks, they said the maintenance fees would stay reasonable. they have not stayed reasonable. Instead raising them alot each year and also not giving you the times you want. If a person has a week or two and has money he wants to give them 6 mon ths ahead of schedule so they can use your money then you may be able to get a week.

The companyb simply wants to steal your timeshare weeks and sell them to the first travel dsicount broker they can and you get left with high maintenance fees and no availability.

These are the lowest creeps, liars, and theives in the timeshare business. Call me at 713-456-9912 if you would like to file a class action suit against these theiving bastards

Comments

Beverley, England, United Kingdom #312449

WE ATTENDED WHAT WAS TO BE A "90 MINUTE NON-TIMESHARE RELATED PRESENTATION" AT MAYAN PALACE IN FEBRUARY THIS YEAR. ON THE 7TH HOUR, HAVING 2 SMALL KIDS IN THE TOW, WE WERE COMPLETELY WORN OUT. AFTER REPEATEDLY SAYING "NO" TO 6 OR 7 PUSHY SALESPEOPLE WE WERE LEAVING THE RESORT BUT AT THE LAST MOMENT WERE INTERCEPTED ** ANOTHER AGENT, HELENA DANIELSON. SHE SOUNDED SO CONVINCING THAT WE BOUGHT "PARADISE WEEK" PACKAGE FROM HER FOR $3000. Every word she said turned out to be a lie. BEWARE OF THESE PEOPLE, THEY'LL SAY ANYTHING TO GET YOUR MONEY, BUT THEY ARE A COMPLETE FRAUD ! WE LOST THE ENTIRE DAY OUT OF OUR 6 DAY VACATION PLUS $3000.

During the presentation, the words "Grand Paradise Club" never came up. I had my iPad with me and could have Googled it on the spot to find out about this scam. But Helena led us believe that we were buying discounted weeks from "Advantage Services" (another shell company in this scam food chain). We were shown a booklet with numerous hotels and resorts that will be available for booking to us. A month later, our welcome package arrived in the mail. As we tried to use the booking system, however, we discovered that inventory available at the website is extremely limited and nowhere close to the one we were shown. For the discounted so called “fast weeks” price manipulation is used where an additional mandatory all-inclusive fee must be paid at check-in that brings total cost of reservation well above market price. Cruise certificate also turned our to be a worthless piece of paper, as other posters on this board indicated.

The website is a joke with many links that are totally inaccurate or broken and does not meet commercial website design guidelines. Only few reservations can be made online, other inventory has a “call” banner next to them. When we called for a reservation, we were told that these discounted weeks were not available. We realized that these weeks are no more than “bait and switch” to get customers to call so that Grand Paradise Club can push other stale inventory to them. Also, GPC charges additional reservation fee of for each reservation made – a fact never mentioned in our contract.

We have filed dispute with Mastercard - had anyone have any success with that ? I will post again once I get a response from the credit card company. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD SO THESE BUSTARDS ARE OUT OF BUSINESS ASAP ! I've seen a post on TripAdvisor.com about setting up a website for a class action - GRANDPARADISESCAM.COM and GRUPOMAYANSCAM.COM. I will let everyone know when they go life so people can join the CLASS ACTION lawsuit. It's a shame Mexican government tolerates this kind of scam going on for years in their prime tourist areas. No wonder Mexico has the reputation it does.

Beverley, England, United Kingdom #312446

The Grand Mayan are the lowest of the low when it comes to scam artists. They lie from day 1 and what I bought is air and impossible to use or sell.

Every time I call to make reservations where I want to stay, they try to put me elsewhere in the system.

I was even considering a stepdown just to get away from the cold which would have meant staying at the Sea Garden (compare to Motel 8), but was told I would NOT be able to walk to the Grand Mayan to use the pool and other amenities.

Buying this "air" was the stupidest thing I have ever done in my life. If some one is starting a class action suit, I would be happy to join in.

I am ashamed to say that I fell for the pressure as well. I put a $9500 deposit on my credit card while there.

I had been the high bidder at a charity auction where someone donated their week. I went to the presentation on my second day there. At the signing, no mention was made of the 3 day right to cancel, and how difficult that process was. In fact, the person there said "now put all this paperwork away and enjoy your vacation...don't even look at it until you get home".

Clever way to scam someone into being unable to cancel the contract! I then discovered upon my return that I had to cancel as I was going through a divorce. They were completely unwilling to cancel the contract. I have received NOTHING for my $9500 and they have not refunded it to me.

I fail to see how this is anything other than outright theft. I am open to any sort of class action, and if not, I will be contacting my brother's attorney in Mexico.

Dear "Chavo",

One of our committed members have brought your comment to our attention.

If you are still in the Nuevo Vallarta area, kindly go by the sales office in order to receive assistance regarding your request to have your contract voided.

Rest assured you will receive the proper guidance.

Your comments, feedback and suggestions are very important to us and that is why we are pleased to receive them through our official communication contacts at grupomayanblog@grupovidanta.com or at 1-800-292-9446.

We are grateful for your time.

Sincerely,

Karen Rose

Customer Support Representative

I recently was at Nuevo vallarta nayarit and falled for their scam they take nearly six hours trying to get you , I feel shame to have fall for it , and I´m currently trying to cancel, supposedly you have five days to cancel the contract has any one done it (cancel) please any advice.

We were in Cabo San Lucas when we purchased our time share with the Mayan. We were told the a Mayan Palace was going to be built in the next few years but until it was compleated we could stay at the Grand Mayan.

In fact we did in 2008. However, we have been trying to make reservations at the San Jose del Cabo since then without any luck. We have called on the first of the month to book six months out and have been told that they were booked. Today I called to cancel a reservation.

I asked if there was anything open in the next six months for the Cabo location. The representative said without hesitation, "No we are booked." I challenged him and asked how could he have look that quickly. He said he receives several requests for that location and that he knew nothing was open. I pointed out to him that people are always cancelling, just as I was doing and that he should check.

He told me he had looked. Then he said "Count the seconds and see how fast I can go through to look." He then started to say "Nothing in April, then May, then June." I then pointed out to him that he made my point that there was no way that he had looked through all of the months. I asked for a supervisor and he said there wasn't one available. I believe that because we are not Grand Mayan members that we are being told that nothing is available.

We were told when we purchased our time share that we would be able to go to this location until our resort was built. Now I believe we are blocked out. The resorts and the people working there have always been very nice.

However, the problems that we are having regarding making reservations is frustrating us to the point that we wold not recommend the Mayan to anyone. I would hope that someone would contact us since when I was on the phone I was told a supervisor was not available.

Dear Readers,

True to our commitment to Customer Care and in an attempt to resolve Ms. Christopher’s situation in good faith; we contacted her and offered a resolution. Verbally, she had agreed to stop posting during our negotiations and accepted them without hesitation.

Needless to say, she has made it clear it is not in her interest to cooperate in resolving this matter at all as she continues to post compulsively. We cannot negotiate in this manner. We have principles and our integrity is being compromised.

We host thousands of satisfied guests every week and we measure the caliber of our quality through several mediums in an attempt to improve on a daily basis. In fact, the company employs and trains thousands of individuals that work hard day and night to satisfy each and every guest and her bogus accusations without support are unacceptable. We have received many certifications that prove her accusations are completely untruthful.

Therefore, as we had said before, we will not continue entertaining libel online and Ms. Christopher has our contact information if she would like to cooperate in the way we had offered to resolve this matter. We will no longer continue any communications with her if we are not contacted through the proper channels.

Hopefully one day, she will understand that our intentions are honest and she will let us complete our negotiations.

Thank you for your time and understanding in this matter. We are truly sorry she is not letting us help her.

Sincerely,

Karen Rose

Customer Support Representative.

After all the emails written by the Grupo Mayan representative that they will return my money after paying nearly four thousand dollars for a contract that they say they cancelled, they have reneged on their word and paid me back NOTHING! People who call them scam artists, crooks are right, and some call them worse names, and they deserve these too!!! I mean that is why they seem to have moved to Mexico. They are freer there than in the USA. They have been taken to court so many times and they are deceiving so many innocent people. They really do live up to the title of "CRIMESHARE". MY money is with them and they are hanging on to it. The smallness, the greed, the unprofessional treatment of clients whom they have conned and who go back to get their money is really bad. I went back while I was in Mexico and they paid me hardly any attention. They misrepresented themeselves from day 1. They have supposed vendors of "cheap trips" around Mexico at the Cancun airport and they lie in wait like predators for their victims, innocent holiday makers.

My money is not stolen money, I have to work hard for it and they are hanging on to it thinking that it will make them rich. Well, to grab from someone like they did me and then not to return it is really sick. They made me believe that as soon as the comments made about the situation with them are removed from the websites they will return the money. Even though the comments were erased by me they still have not returned a single penny of the money paid to them. They took it under false pretenses. They never once said that they are a timeshare company. They used jargon that was completely alien to me coming from England. I was not sure what language they were speaking at one point!!!! That is how they keep you in the mist. On top of that the coffee that they serve on a sliver tray by a waitress in uniform is very dubious stuff. How is it that I was unable to walk hardly when I drank three cups (obviously they did not expect anyone to drink so many), but I nearly collapsed!!! And in that zombie state I was asked to hand over my debit card.. About five of the reps were in chorus around me to sign the "deal of a lifetime deal!" I shall never forget that day. They have no right to hang onto that money which they grabbed by false pretenses and by doping me!!! I was not myself and they could clearly see my eyelids falling, I was drugged. I realised much later that these people will stop at nothing to get your money. The rep on the phone to me even said that I am not likely to go there to take them to court so they are not worried. And when I was ready to get my money back after taking off all the comments made about the situation there was no more communication from them!!!! THEY ARE GIVING THEIR COUNTRY A VERY BAD NAME. THEY ARE NOT A CREDIT TO MEXICO AT ALL. THEY ARE BIG "SINVERGUENZAS" AND THEY KNOW IT!!!

It is time that they did what they promised to do and pay back the money with interest for the long wait since the eighth day of May, 2008.

I have been more than patient. The only way that they will see a contract signed to say that there will be no more emails is to pay up all that they owe me and with interest plus the money paid to Mr. Stephen Boyd, the escrow agent, who was willing to let them have a signed copy of the contract once the check had been cashed here in London.

They have reneged on the deal that they led me to believe was "in the pipeline". What kind of "business" is it that they are running?

Since posting my complaint on this website, I have been contacted by Mayan Grupo and working with them over the last 2 weeks,we have solved our differences in a very positive manner. We are very pleased with their response.

Carlos has been wonderful. We are now happy we have our Mayan Grupo program.

My daughter, Crystal, was visiting Mexico on 6/27/10 when she signed an agreement (#CRQT 2172) with Mayan Palace Regency Vacation Club for $19,564.00, which included a trade in of her existing Time Share with the Boardwalk Resort Hotel in Virginia Beach, VA.

As per this agreement, the Value Calculation had an applied Trade In credit of $25,900. The timeshare that was traded in is owned by my daughter and her husband (Brian). Her husband was not present (he wasn't even in Mexico at the time) nor did he sign any paperwork.

Later that evening, Crystal called her husband to tell him about the timeshare. Brian advised her to cancel the agreement as he was not going to trade in their existing timeshare. Crystal was told that she was "locked in" and the contract could not be cancelled. NO ONE mentioned Profeco or having 7 days to get out of a contract. Who knew that Mexico had a Consumer Protection Law?

She has been trying since June 28, 2010 to get out of this contract. She also made her down payment on a RCI MasterCard for $6,847 for this Mayan Resort transaction.

Two months after she got back from Mexico she called about the status of her existing timeshare in Virginia Beach and was told that Mayan Resorts had cancelled the trade. Crystal has excellent credit and has always made her payments on time. She is on the *** of filing bankruptcy over this one! She cannot afford the payments on the down payment nor the timeshare itself.

And shame on Bank of America for allowing a $7,000 charge to be posted to an account knowing it would take her 30 years to pay it off!

your *** enough to buy a time share, your surprised at the results. Sucker

I too was pressured to buy a timeshare in the Mayan Grupo. The sales presentation was so fast that it was impossible to understand just what it was you were getting.

The things that we did understand was that several new resorts (Hawaii, Orlando and Las Vegas) were to be built and we bought upon that premise. Nothing of the sort has been built and now we don't even want to use the resorts in Mexico, that is a danger that we just don't want to expose ourselves to.

I would be glad to join a class action suit, I just want my purchase price back so I can buy something I will really use. I can be contacted at srschwarz@comcast.net

I do not know who is prentending to be the real "JesiBell", but my problems with GM have been handled satifactorily and we have reached an agreement concerning our contract. Instead of you using other peoples name, why dont you contact GM directly if you have issues with your contract.I am sure they would be happy to assist you. I have received your server address, and if you do not cease using my name you will be hearing from my lawyer.

#208140

My hog got caught in the teeth of my zipper. The doorman at the Grand Myan took the time to eat the 4 skin fron the toothy monster.

#207306

This is the real JesiBell and I have not heard from the Grand Mayan. I am thinking that they have signed on here and hae written all these nice things about them and the fact that they have taken care of things.

They have not taken care of anything and this place is terrible! Do not, I repeat, Do not stay with tese guys!

Please rescind my post written on 6/08/2010. Grand Mayan/Grupo Mayan has satisfactorily settled my complaint to my complete satisfaction.

We were pleasantly surprised to be contacted by a rep from The Mayan Acapulco where we originally bought who listened to our story sympathetically. I am pleased that someone listened and something was done.

This goes a long way and my husband and I wish this to go on record that the Grupo Mayan did something for us in this situation. We consider this behind us at this time.